- Sam Ash Gift Guides
- Hot Deals
- Live Sound
- Microphones & Wireless
- DJ & Lighting
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Take a big step up in your drum sound and performance with a PEARL Reference Pure 4-piece shell set or build an entire new pro drum set around this ultimate kick drum and toms set in Super High Gloss Lacquer Natural or Piano Black finish.
When we drummers get to the point where we can consider each element of the drum set, we know that it all starts with the kick drum and the toms. That is why PEARL has created this 4-piece ‘shells’ drum set. This Reference Pure set includes an ideal and preferred combination of an 18”x22” kick, 8”x10” and 9”x12” toms and a 16”x16” floor tom. Let’s find out more about Reference Pure!
Reference Pure proudly builds upon the legacy started by the original PEARL Reference Series Drums by using the exact shell composition formula, the same number and type wood plies, and the same targeted task-specific bearing edges to create a thin shell, highly resonant, lower mass version of the original.
PEARL accomplishes this by choosing thinner plies of prized Maple, hand selected Birch and rare African Mahogany. While Reference drums use a rotating combination of both 1.6mm and .9mm wood plies in its shell construction, the all new Reference Pure uses only .9mm thick plies in its construction. The result is a thin, resonant and extremely vibrant yet powerful sonic experience for the player with the wonderful accentuation effects of Birch and African Mahogany placed exactly where their tonal colors can best be heard.
To maintain maximum resonance, Pearl Reference Pure features the super low-mass and elegantly designed STL Swivel Tube Lugs and the all new thin Fat Tone Hoops with our exclusive hemmed and welded edge resulting in a hoop that is both lightweight and extremely strong to promote maximum resonance.
For those looking for a thin shell alternative to the legendary Reference Series drums, your wait is over! Reference Pure = Pure Tone, Pure Resonance and Pure Perfection. Here are the details….
• Rounded 45 Degree Bearing Edge - The rounded 45° bearing edge featured on the 10” and 12” toms offer cutting attack and projection, all balanced with a solid punch. This edge promotes a finely balanced interaction between the individual wood plies that allow the toms to sing with amazing clarity, without premature delay. The journey of the energy from the head to the shell is given a much more direct path with the rounded edge.
• Full Rounded Bearing Edge - The fully rounded bearing edge provides the ultimate solid punch and resonance by raising the overall contact area of the head to the shell. This allows maximum kinetic energy transfer from the head to the shell, resulting in maximum shell resonance. This is the logic for using the fully rounded edge on the 16” floor tom, for an absolutely thunderous sound. The 22” bass drum also utilizes this edge.
• Low Mass Even-Ply Shells - Discussed above, the Reference Pure drum shells are very resonant and very vibrant with wonderful tonal color.
• STL Bridge Lugs w/ Swivel Function - Pearl’s revolutionary STL lugs assure the ultimate in head seating and tuning integrity. The unique swivel function allows the tension rods to align perfectly into the lugs. This ensures that there is no pressure against the hoops, allowing for maximum resonance and sustain.
• Drumheads - The Toms are mounted with Remo Clear Emperors. The bass drum is mounted with a Remo Clear Powerstroke 3 Bass Drum Batter Head and a White Powerstroke 3 Resonant Drumhead with the noble PEARL logo.
• Aluminum OptiMount Tom Holders - Nothing touches the drum but rubber gaskets and there is absolutely no vibration or crosstalk between the tom and its mounting. This allows the tom to resonate freely and purely. The Aluminum Optimount adds very little weight to the drum and gives an additional dimension of adjustment.
• Other high-end PEARL features that create the Reference Pure drum set include “Fat Tone” Drum Hoops, LB-200 Bridge Floor Tom Leg Brackets, LG-200 Floor Tom Legs, SP-300 Bass Drum Spurs, Stainless Steel Tension Rods and Molded Rubber Gaskets
The Reference Pure Pure 4-Piece Drums Shell Set is readily available in Natural (C103) and Piano Black (C103) Super High Gloss Lacquer Finishes. Many other finishes are available on a custom order basis. Call 1-800-4-SAMASH and ask a drum expert for more information!
Keep in mind that this is a “shell set” and there are no other hardware pieces, snare drum or cymbals included. If you need any of these additional items at this time, please see the adjoining list of “Things You Will Need”.
In keeping with the professional drum-mounting approach and to keep any resonance-choking weight off the kick drum, it does not come with a tom mounting bracket. The toms can be hung on tom/cymbal boom stands or on a drum rack. You’ll see these recommendations in “Things You Will Need”.
Get your PEARL Reference Pure 4-Piece Drums Shell Set from Sam Ash Direct today, with fast, free shipping at the guaranteed lowest price. Sam Ash Direct gives you the security of more than 86 years of experience, 24/7 customer support and the Sam Ash Direct 45 day return and 60 day price protection policy. You cannot go wrong!
|Other Features||Aluminum OptiMount Tom Holders|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Pearl Reference Pure 4-Piece Drums Shell Set:
I use my Pearl References for just about any type of music or gig. I have a recording studio in Brooklyn and I am yet to do a session where this kit doesn't sound perfect. All my clients love it, not to mention I really have fun playing it, which is a plus!
Reference Pure 4-Piece Drums Shell Set
Three years on shells and hardware. One year on hi hat cables, wood hoops, marching/educational products, and lacquer finish.