n. The tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force.
In other words, inertia is the physical force that is the enemy of quick and powerful bass drumming. It is the force that Drum Workshop has been battling through its relentless invention and re-invention of the perfect bass drum pedal. And DW wins the war against inertia with its most famous and relied-upon model, the DW 5000! For 2012, DW has unveiled the latest evolution of this classic pedal with the DW5000 Accelerator AD4 and its double pedal version, the DW 5002 AD4!
Among the improvements to the new 5000AD4 pedals are a Tri-Pivot toe clamp that includes 3 self-adjusting rubber-coated pads that securely anchors the pedal to a variety of bass drum counter hoop sizes, a Dual-Spring Rocker that improves the feel and recoil of the pedal and a non-skid rubber pad under the base plate designed for wood, carpet and other playing surfaces.
Other standard features include: the Delta ball-bearing hinges, 101 2-way beaters, light-weight aluminum base plates, Accelerator dual-chain and sprocket drive cams and road-worthy all-metal construction and more. Also, the DW 5002 Double Pedal includes a durable and convenient-to-carry molded plastic case. All DW pedals include a limited 5 year warranty.
The DW 5002 Accelerator AD4, as part of its Double Bass Drum Pedal version includes the Single Post Casting design on the double pedal left side, which provides ease of movement between the pedal and hi-hat stand footplate, and also allowing the pedals to be played simultaneously.
DW’s Universal Assembly (the connecting rod between the pedals) features unique Memory Locks which speeds up your set-up and allows you to return to your same positioning every time. It is also designed with Precision Universal Joints for the smooth transmission of power from your left pedal.
DW Founder, Don Lombardi, comments about his flagship product, “Our company was basically founded on the 5000 pedal and we’ve always considered ourselves a pedal company first. I’m really proud of this new pedal and we’ve only improved upon an already good thing. We were really careful not to reinvent the wheel. Drummers are really comfortable with this pedal, so we wanted to maintain the basic feel and keep it as reliable as ever.”
DW Director of Research and Development, Rich Sikra, also comments, “The DW5000 pedal has had incredible longevity in the marketplace and part of the reason for that is that we are always improving its functionality. There is a world of difference between this latest incarnation of the 5000 and the pedal that became popular in the 70’s and 80’s. Of course, if you still want the original design, we offer our 6000 Series pedals. We’re always thinking about how we can make these pedals better. How can we make a product that can further the art of drumming? We think this new 5000 is our best yet.”
Let’s Bullet Point the DW5002 AD4 Features!
• The Accelerator™ drive system generates an eccentric motion that creates an indirect relationship between the sprocket and the footboard, increasing the velocity of the pedal by shortening the length of the stroke. It was developed to satisfy the desire for increased speed and sensitivity.
• The NEW Tri-Pivot toe clamp includes 3 self-adjusting rubber-coated pads that securely anchor the pedal to a variety of bass drum hoop sizes.
• The NEW Dual-Spring Rocker that improves the feel and recoil of the pedal.
• The Floating Swivel Spring pivots to eliminate creaking and lateral stress on the spring.
• The DW patented Delta Ball-Bearing Hinge, a state-of-the-art lightweight aluminum design that incorporates ball bearings at both sides and allows no-wiggle stability and extremely smooth pedal action.
• Non-skid rubber pad under the base plate designed to hold the pedal and the attached bass drum from sliding on wood, carpet and other playing surfaces.
• The DW 101 Two-Way Beater includes a felt side and a punchier hard plastic side.
• Adjustable built-in spurs guarantee no-slip stability.
• Aluminum hex shafts, pedal plates and linkages reduce weight, increasing speed and ease of play.
• Road-worthy all-metal construction
• The Single Post Casting design on the double pedal left side.
• Universal Assembly (the connecting rod between the pedals) features unique Memory Locks.
• Precision Universal Joints for the smooth transmission of power.
• the DW 5002 Double Pedal includes a durable and convenient-to-carry molded plastic case.
Get your DW Accelerator 5002 AD4 Double Bass Drum Pedal from Sam Ash Direct today, with fast, free shipping at the guaranteed lowest price. Sam Ash Direct gives you the security of more than 87 years of experience, 24/7 customer support and the Sam Ash Direct 45/60 day return / price protection policy. You cannot go wrong!