The Tube MP Project Series is a professional quality audio interface that lets you connect microphone, instrument, and line level signals to audio inputs to digital audio workstations as well as standard analog devices.
The Tube MP Project Series is a professional quality audio interface that lets you connect microphone, instrument, and line level signals to audio inputs to digital audio workstations as well as standard analog devices. ART took the legendary Tube MP series and updated every aspect of the design, inside and out, while still maintaining a compact, reliable, cost effective product, and added a USB output. From the new all-aluminum stackable chassis to the precision LED level metering circuitry, ART improved virtually every aspect of our already successful Tube MP series and added USB connectivity.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a common hardware interface used for quick and easy connection of peripherals like the ART USB TUBE MP. The TUBE MP features a single Type B USB peripheral connector on the rear panel for outputting audio over USB to your computer. One of the nice features of USB is its Hot Swapping capability, allowing the Tube MP to be connected and disconnected without turning your computer off. The ART USB TUBE MP is fully USB 1.1 compliant, operating under Windows 98SEor newer, and Mac OS 9.1 or newer.
The ultra low noise discrete microphone preamp front end has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and handles a wide range of input signal levels with a minimum of coloration. This gives you a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources. The high impedance 1/4” instrument inputs optimized for guitar pickups allowing every nuance to be heard. ART used a high quality 12AX7A tube inside to add warmth to musical dynamics and the power supply is external to keep AC line noise and hum back at the wall.
The input Gain control and switch help you to maximize your input dynamic range as well as control how hard you are driving the tube. Input impedance is switch selectable to optimize your microphone’s response right on the front end. These two features are a must when trying to get the most out of a vintage ribbon or studio grade microphone. The switch selectable high-pass filter removes very low frequency rumble and wind noise before it has a chance to overload your inputs. The Bessel filter design is set at a low 40Hz to preserve bass tonality and time domain response and it is very effective when tracking or interfacing to your computer based audio workstation. Phantom power is available for the XLR input and is a clean +48 Volts DC from a low noise internal supply that is current limited to prevent damage to your sensitive microphones.
A FET Limiter with fast attack and musical release times limits the maximum audio output level to prevent overloading succeeding equipment while still maintaining a clear uncompressed sound. This allows you to maximize the dynamic range of your signal before converting to digital. A Phase Invert switch allows you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are mixing the signal output with other channels in a mix. The Output control comes after the Tube and Limiter and is used to match the output level to a wide variety of systems. Following it is a new output section that provides high output signal drive capability to both outputs.
• USB Interface Output
• Extremely Low Noise Discrete Front End
• Up to 70dB of Clean, “Musical” Gain
• High Output Signal Drive Capability
• Fast FET Limiter to Prevent Overload
• Switch Selectable Input Impedance
• Precision LED Metering
• Built-in Low Noise Phantom Power Supply
• Compact, Stackable all Aluminum Chassis
• XLR and 1/4” Inputs and Outputs
• Phase Invert Switch
• High Cut Filter Switch
• Variable Input and Output Controls
• Frequency Response: 10Hz – 40KHz, +/-1 dB (typical)
• Dynamic Range: >100dB (20Hz to 20KHz)
• THD: <0.05% (typical)
• CMRR: >60dB (typical)
• EIN: <-130dB (XLR to XLR A-weighted)
• Max. Input Level: +17dBu (1/4”), +16dBu (XLR)
• Max. Output Level: +20dBu (1/4”), +26dBu (XLR)
• Input Connections: 1/4” TRS unbalanced (1meg Ohm), XLR female balanced
• Output Connection: 1/4” TRS unbalanced (600 Ohm), XLR male balanced, (<300 Ohm)
• Max. Gain: 0dB (XLR - XLR), +50dB (1/4”- XLR)
• Input Gain Pad: Switchable, 20dB
• XLR Input Impedance: Switchable, 4.7k Ohms / 600 Ohms
• Low Cut Filter: Switchable, -3dB @ 40Hz
• Output Phase: Switchable, Normal/Invert
• Output Limiter Type: Switchable, Fast & Musical FET limiter, >20dB limit range
• Phantom Power: Switchable, +48V DC, filtered, current limited
• Signal Metering: Precise LED array with a fast attack and moderate release
• Tube Type: 12AX7A hand selected
• Chassis Type: Aluminum Anodized with integral/stackable rubber sides
• Power Requirements: 10Volts AC @ 700mA (typical)
• Dimensions: 1.75”H x 5.9”W x 6.5”D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
• Weight: 2.5 lbs. (1.14 kg)
Things You Will Get:
- Microphone Preamp
- Power Supply
Tube MP USB Microphone Preamp
90 Day Warranty: PDB, DPDB, ARTcessories One Year Warranty: All Graphic Equalizers, X-direct / Z-direct, Transit PA Systems, Tube MP, Tube MP Project Series, Tube MP Project Series w/ USB, Levelar Tube Compressor, Tube PAC Three Year Warranty: Tube MP Studio, Tube MP Studio w/V3, Tube Channel, TPS, DPS, TPS II, DPS II, TCS, SLA-1 / SLA-2, Amplifiers, T-8 Five Year Warranty: Pro MPA, Pro VLA, Pro Channel, MPA Gold, Digital MPA