A six oscillator monophonic solo synth is just one of the amazing sound engines in the Casio XW-G1. Two virtual analog style oscillators, two PCM based oscillators, a noise oscillator and an external oscillator via mic and line inputs can be combined to make up a single solo synth tone. Each oscillator has an independent filter, envelopes, independent key tracking, portamento, two LFO’s and access to master resonant filter.
The solo synth has an incredibly deep and powerful design. Among countless others, the oscillators even have access to waveforms from Casio’s original CZ synthesizers. It can create a variety of classic analog sounds, but also has the power to deliver sounds with an aggressive edge.
The XW-G1 groove synthesizer is geared for the club DJ and dance music performer. In addition to 420 built-in sounds, solo synth and PCM based sounds, the XW-G1 also has the ability to sample. A 19-second sample looper captures internal sounds as well as external instruments allowing the performer to create layers and overdub sounds on the fly. Sampled sounds can even be saved in Flash ROM so they remain in memory after the keyboard has been powered off.
Providing everything from pulsing dance grooves to animated synth textures and arpeggios, the Step Sequencer in the XW-G1 is the first of its kind. With nine tracks for drums, basses, synths and chordal parts, four controller tracks for adding panning, filter changes and other animation to existing parts and eight patterns make up each sequence; the user can build and mix their performance on the fly. Sequences can even transpose live from the keyboard, providing a completely interactive experience.
Furthermore, the XW-G1 has 4 real-time controller knobs, pitch bend and modulation wheels, along with 9 sliders to provide control over internal sounds and external devices. Through standard MIDI ports and with a class-compliant USB port the keyboard can be used as a controller for other instruments, including computer software and iPad® based software applications. It also includes an audio input allowing you to monitor an MP3 player, computer or other device without the need for a mixer.
• 6 Oscillator Monophonic Solo Synthesizer
• Sample Looper – Up to 19 Seconds of sampling time
• Sample Player – 10 user tones with up to 5 samples each can be stored in Flash Memory for instant recall
• 300 fully editable PCM based sounds
• Step Sequencer with 9 instrument tracks and 4 controller tracks
• 16 step programmable Arpeggiator
• Phrase sequencer to record and playback your riffs
• Performance mode providing 4 internal or external instrument zones with instant recall of effects, Step Sequences, Arpeggiators and Phrases
• 4 real-time controller knobs
• Pitch and Modulation Wheels
• 1/4” Mic and Line puts to process your voice or other instruments
• Stereo 1/8” line input to connect an MP3 player, laptop or tablet
• USB and MIDI ports
• 1/4” Line Outputs
• Included Power Supply
• Can operate on 6 D batteries
Get your Casio XW-G1 61-Key Groove Synthesizer today from Sam Ash Direct and enjoy the confidence that comes from fast, free shipping, the guaranteed lowest price and our 45/60-day return/price protection policy.