Squier brings you the welcome return of a long-vanished Fender classic in the deeply satisfying form of the Vintage Modified Bass VI six-string bass.
The original model of 1961-1975 has provided distinctively voiced low end for everyone from the Beatles to the Black Keys, Cream to the Cure, and many others. The Vintage Modified Bass VI delivers authentically vintage-style look and tone, with a few modern touches such as a comfortable “modern C” neck profile and 9.5” fingerboard radius (the originals were 7.25”), and three custom Jaguar single-coil pickups with notched “claw” shielding rings (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup).
Other features include the model’s classic 30” scale (standard tuning one octave lower than a guitar), maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays, four two-position slider switches (on/off switch for each pickup and one bass-cut “strangle” tone circuit switch), tortoise shell pickguard (three-ply white-black-white on Black model), two black plastic control knobs (master volume, master tone), and vintage-style six-saddle
bridge with non-locking floating vibrato. Case not included.
Get your Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI Bass Guitar today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
- 30” scale length, guitar tuning one octave below standard
- Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile
- 21-fret rosewood fingerboard with white pearloid block inlays
- Three custom single-coil Jaguar pickups (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup for hum cancellation)
- Three on/off slide switches (one for each pickup), “strangle” bass-cut slide switch
- Vintage-style bridge with non-locking floating vibrato
- Case not included